AuthorMessage
lady

PostSubject: How to down vistrix in 8 minutes   Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:10 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7e3X9LP_2nA
post-patch flawless vistrix kill
edit: don't forget to click on 'view high quality'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eYnQdfgyiE
another post-patch vistrix kill
This vid is a little less illustrative as far as strategy goes, but I wanted to point out how well the instructions were called in vent on this. There were no "holy poop i died" or shouting or any of that. We really need to rein that in when we make our next attempt.

Edit: compiled list of observations based on vid
- no dps 'till after first stun
- doing at least 12.5% to vistrix per stun rotation
- tanks never lost aggro
- vistrix bane rotation(did anyone notice if the order was verbally called?), looks like initial banes came from members of the dps group and when a MT group healer's turn, he would leave when dps was called out only to run back in right after the stun to apply the bane.
- healers stayed w/ tanks in a tight formation, was stunned, and baned. Although, it looks like from the video that sometimes the healers become 'unstunned' immediately following the bane, so they run out a short distance at a 90 degree angle to avoid the fire breath
- in main tank group there was at least 2 tanks 2 poms(spamming heals/lances) at least 1 tos and 1 bs based upon the heal animations(although it's a little difficult to tell as it appears particles are turned off or low. That's not to say they are all in the same 'group' but they were all together. I would think it be a good idea to put a necro in the tank group proper for the fire resist(quell the ether) and damage shield(ruined flesh) even if the necro actually is in the dps group.
- vocal calls were clean, simple, and stated calmly
- entire group except the main tank group moved back for adds prior to 75,50,25 to draw them all to one location
- tank group including healers were stationary the entire time eliminating the possible mistakes of healers not running in and out properly. Also eliminates the need for timer to call 'healers out'
- did anyone notice any adds on the mt group? does that have to do w/ the positioning or were there rangers pulling them off?

I asked the guy who posted the first video how he keeps dps from pulling aggro. This is his reponse:

Dps as you see is not sticked on the Dragon ... after the dragon launches the Aoe stun he does ... Dps group goes for dps for less time than a minute ... if it happens to agro the Dragon your tank can pull him back using his skill to do it Wink

I assume this to mean the tank is to goad it. I'm not a tank expert so if we have 2 tanks trading goads and another tank ready to goad if dps pulls aggro, it seems this may work.

Last edited by lady on Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:01 am; edited 20 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fallen

PostSubject: Re: How to down vistrix in 8 minutes   Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:53 am

very nice post, i enjoyed watching that, gave some insight. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Malise

PostSubject: Re: How to down vistrix in 8 minutes   Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:22 am

One thing i noticed is that they all ran back once adds came, any adds and stayed out till stun. Then after first stun the main tank goaded so both tanks are on top agro list.

They had to have at least 2 poms in main group. thats too many lance heals i saw for one person.

I also noticed when adds came a healer healed the raid alot of times spamming to get the adds to agro to the raid dps. They had 3 seperate callers: one to get out, one for stun ( everyone runs in when called ), one for adds ( they stayed out till stun ). Everyone got out when they called Add, signalling a healer to mass heal. Emancipation of life etc heals zone wide.

I also think the main healers stayed there to be stunned. Letting someone else Bane them. They rotated Healers to be stunned.

Seems i also need to apologize to alot of ppl about this strat. Nice vid
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Malise

PostSubject: Re: How to down vistrix in 8 minutes   Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:17 pm

lady wrote:
- did anyone notice any adds on the mt group? does that have to do w/ the positioning or were there rangers pulling them off?

The Dps group was healing for no reason constantly so they would get the adds to agro and come to them. you can see heals before the first stun in dps group.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Malise

PostSubject: Re: How to down vistrix in 8 minutes   Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:26 am

lady wrote:

I asked the guy who posted the first video how he keeps dps from pulling aggro. This is his reponse:

Dps as you see is not sticked on the Dragon ... after the dragon launches the Aoe stun he does ... Dps group goes for dps for less time than a minute ... if it happens to agro the Dragon your tank can pull him back using his skill to do it Wink

I assume this to mean the tank is to goad it. I'm not a tank expert so if we have 2 tanks trading goads and another tank ready to goad if dps pulls aggro, it seems this may work.

I have never personally lost agro as a tank with intervine. Tbh I have grabbed agro not trying to from Dillz and that rated M tank. Being main tank such as guardian u have to hit every correct skill in the juggernaut tree. No missing, no slow to react combos.

They arnt trading goads for it to work, they do it the first time so both tanks are on top agro and 2nd one will Intervine stack again to get dominate agro. Example, intervine battle hate x3 hate. 2nd tank gets on top of his aquired hate with goad, then he uses intervine to double that hate. total of 6x hate on main tank now. Now if he loses that agro with that much head start, tank needs to be replaced. Or someone isnt pressing their deagro skills when they are waiting.

Tanks have 2 goads, each work the same way, if he fails to use goad then he is not the person to be main tanking.

Anyone who has grouped with me know i keep agro, i even stop hitting the mob at half percent hp to pull other things and not lose agro even then. Losing agro as a tank is massive fail. NO disrespect but buying a guardian does not mean u know how to play the tank or the guardian class as well. Neither is powerleveling one to tank.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lady

PostSubject: Re: How to down vistrix in 8 minutes   Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:28 am

Malise wrote:
I have never personally lost agro as a tank with intervine. Tbh I have grabbed agro not trying to from Dillz and that rated M tank. Being main tank such as guardian u have to hit every correct skill in the juggernaut tree. No missing, no slow to react combos.

They arnt trading goads for it to work, they do it the first time so both tanks are on top agro and 2nd one will Intervine stack again to get dominate agro. Example, intervine battle hate x3 hate. 2nd tank gets on top of his aquired hate with goad, then he uses intervine to double that hate. total of 6x hate on main tank now. Now if he loses that agro with that much head start, tank needs to be replaced. Or someone isnt pressing their deagro skills when they are waiting.

Tanks have 2 goads, each work the same way, if he fails to use goad then he is not the person to be main tanking.

Anyone who has grouped with me know i keep agro, i even stop hitting the mob at half percent hp to pull other things and not lose agro even then. Losing agro as a tank is massive fail. NO disrespect but buying a guardian does not mean u know how to play the tank or the guardian class as well. Neither is powerleveling one to tank.

Awesome information. When vistrix time comes we need to go over this w/ the tanks. Which character are you bringing Friday? or are you not going to be on Friday .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Malise

PostSubject: Re: How to down vistrix in 8 minutes   Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:06 am

Wanted to be on barbarian, but ehhh what ever is needed I like both classes. Pom or guard as needed, Pom needs to do bane quest though. That vid had alot of healers like 7 of em.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nilocrules

PostSubject: Re: How to down vistrix in 8 minutes   Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:10 am

This is great info. I think if we tweek our strategy to closely follow the video we should down him tonight with no problem. The healing peice seems to be the most crtitical, for both keeping the tank group in place and alive as well as aggro management on the adds.

Niloc
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lady

PostSubject: Re: How to down vistrix in 8 minutes   Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:29 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to down vistrix in 8 minutes   

Back to top Go down

How to down vistrix in 8 minutes
Page 1 of 1