The King's Raiders website/forum... an Age of Conan guild

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

The Bad Karma - conclusion.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
JackDaniels

PostSubject: The Bad Karma - conclusion.   Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:29 pm

I am making this post to aquire opinions and debate. Under no circumstances is it meant to minimize anyones character or values. There are basically 2 guilds on our server, the other is Bad Karma. Several of thier members like to believe they are far superior in every way, and spam OOC and even our very own vent server. Poor morales and conduct seem to be thier normal OP. I would like to hear other members answers to the following questions:

How do you generally view Bad Karma?

How skilled in PvP do you believe they are compared to us?

Do you believe fighting them is a worthy of our time and focus?

How will they affect your game play if they go uncontested in most game zones?

How do you believe Bad Karma will morph once the server merges are complete?

*Thanks for your opinions in advance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fishkiller

PostSubject: Re: The Bad Karma - conclusion.   Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:32 pm

As far as Bad Karma goes, I believe that whatever it is they do (either spam in OOC or anything else) we should not step to their level. We should be a mature group of players not a bunch of 5 year old little sissys (No Offense to anyone). The best way is to just put them on ignore and just go about your business. They can say all they want and all day, people do read OOC and will realize that 'hey, BK act like little girls and keep spamming ooc talking trash to KR, but look! KR just ignore them and act very mature' if we can get a few to think this way about us, I'm 100% sure people will want to join us and fight against BK.

As far as bad karma goes, from my encounter with them this is how I feel about them:

1. They attack anyone
2. If they are out numbered they will call for reinforcement
3. They play cheap, meaning they will run to town (if they manage to make it) and use town guards to their advantage.
4. They seem to like to hide in another zone until reinforcement arrives.

Now to answer your questions:

Little kids who thinks they are tough
No skills at all, see my point 2,3 and 4
We can use them for good pratice, prepare for server merge
I think if they are uncontested they will affect everyone, not just us
I say we drive them out before that happens, like what Musk said in other post

Just my 2tin worth

ps. why can't we just ban them from Vent?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lady

PostSubject: Re: The Bad Karma - conclusion.   Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:16 pm

The myth about bad karma is that all they want to do is PVP. In actuality it's all they CAN do. This is demonstrated by their non-aggression pact w/ the guild "Dark Knights"

If we really want to drive them from the game we just need to PVP w/ them on our terms, ie when we have overwhelming force. Otherwise they can sit their and do nothing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhime

PostSubject: Re: The Bad Karma - conclusion.   Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:34 pm

JackDaniels wrote:
I am making this post to aquire opinions and debate. Under no circumstances is it meant to minimize anyones character or values. There are basically 2 guilds on our server, the other is Bad Karma. Several of thier members like to believe they are far superior in every way, and spam OOC and even our very own vent server. Poor morales and conduct seem to be thier normal OP. I would like to hear other members answers to the following questions:

*Thanks for your opinions in advance.

Bad Karma is good for us and the server in that they provide challenging and exciting gameplay other than grinding, questing or crafting. They also provide us with a means to test ourselves in PvP as well as group tactics and general attitudes.

I don't believe whether or not they are better than us in PvP is worth thinking about. Sometimes we lose, sometimes they lose.

I believe fighting them is absolutely a must and is worth our time and focus. We are on a PvP server...I wouldn't want to be always winning and beating down the smaller guilds. Challenge is good for us!

Let's not let them go around uncontested! They certainly don't want us to stop kicking their asses when possible. I'm all for keeping them on their toes. My gameplay can only get better by allowing us to try new things tactically both singlely and as a group.

I hope they continue to grow as we are, as well as all the other guilds too. This can only mean good PvP combat and strategies for a long while to come!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nilocrules

PostSubject: Re: The Bad Karma - conclusion.   Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:19 am

Ignore them, don't stoop to their level (this includes OOC chat)and they WILL go away.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alex de Large

PostSubject: Re: The Bad Karma - conclusion.   Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:14 pm

if they have an NA with the dark knights, we need to kill any dark knights we see.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Musk
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Bad Karma - conclusion.   Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:10 am

Alex de Large wrote:
if they have an NA with the dark knights, we need to kill any dark knights we see.

Strongly agree with this. Dark Knights is an affiliated guild.

Bad Kama can neither siege (we have crushed them numerous times and stripped them of their battlekeep) nor raid.

Don't expect me to be very neutral or objective here. It's good to have a foe, no doubt, but BK is a deeply unworthy foe. The last patch took away their global OOC abilities, so now they can't trash-talk (both moronic, and mean) server wide any longer. I predict most of them will quit the game in the coming weeks since they no longer have an audience.

My goal has been to drive them off the server. This may result in some Raiders feeling there is nothing to do... but I suggest the time before the mergers be used to gear up in raids, and finish our T3 city. We can do mini-games to stay sharp, and when the merge comes begin from a position of major strength.

Like once-notable garbage guilds such as EoA and AfterEffect, I predict that BK will just be fading memory in the not-too-distant future of Bluesteel Server.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JackDaniels

PostSubject: Re: The Bad Karma - conclusion.   Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:31 am

It looks as though your wish has come true Musk. Due to the PvP exploit punishment, Bad Karma has lost several members. They seem to be quickly losing life. The question is now, Where will thier remaining members move to?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Bad Karma - conclusion.   

Back to top Go down

The Bad Karma - conclusion.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The King's Raiders :: General :: Open Forum-
Jump to: