The King's Raiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The King's Raiders

The King's Raiders website/forum... an Age of Conan guild

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

History of The King's Raiders: An AoC Bluesteel guild

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Musk
Admin
Admin
Musk

History of The King's Raiders: An AoC Bluesteel guild Empty
PostSubject: History of The King's Raiders: An AoC Bluesteel guild   History of The King's Raiders: An AoC Bluesteel guild Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 2:02 pm

In early May 2008, I became convinced Age of Conan was an MMO I would be playing for a long time.

My game name here is Musk. I am a veteran of numerous MMO's, including multi-year stays in Asheron's Call and World of Warcraft. In the latter game I led two guilds... the first attempt showed me how NOT to lead a guild, and the second (on Frostwolf PvP server) was a modest success, and a lot of fun.

After short looks at Eve, LotRO, D&D and Guild Wars, I formed a English-nationality guild in the seagoing Pirates of the Burning Sea, set in 1720, named The King's Raiders. For several months I enjoyed the ship fights and guild, but grew tired of the slow pace and obsolete avatar combat, handed over the leadership (that version of TKR is still going strong, by the way) and took a look at Age of Conan.

I was hooked in the open Beta, got the pre-order, and started play out of the gate on May 20, 2008. I was joined by Rillos, who came with me from PotBS to Bluesteel Server at the same time.

Running a guild takes a fair amount of time and effort, and I had no intention of creating another. But, somehow, I wound up forming one with Rillos when I didn't find a group I liked. At level 20, having rejected invites from guilds with names like Scum, I faced the problem of a name. Since I was out of ideas, it seemed to me that transferring my loyalty from the English King George to our own King Conan would work. A guild was born.

Many problems surfaced at once. The AoC beta had produced groups that already knew the game and each other. It seemed clear that a big guild would be better to have than a small one. Thus began my policy of open enrollment and mass recruiting (the unkind term is 'spam invites') which, though crude, has proved effective in the long-term.

One of the first thus recruited was Kazakar, a player of high energy who was quickly made officer. With Kaz's assistance and tireless effort, TKR reserved a city plot by the start of June and less than a week later had built it's first keep! These were heady times for the Raiders, as the struggle to build and grow became of prime importance. In the middle of June, the Tradepost and Temple went up.

Players like Babd and Deji were promoted to officer rank, as well as feisty girl-gamer 'Poision'. In July we progressed from a full T1 city into T2, as our ranks swelled. But raiding didn't come quickly, as the job of Raid Master (beyond my skill, frankly) had to be filled correctly. By August the job was taken by Phalanx and Persefone, who became highly skilled at taking down Kylikki- and the dragon Vistrix, the key to T2 Raiding.

The September advent of the MMO 'Warhammer' put a hurt on the guild (and AoC in general), just when we were starting T2 raids and advancing in sieging. Here again, we started slow in battlekeep fights, but have never lost the keep in our history as a guild. As summer turned into fall we became more confident, and took the offensive against guilds like Rising Shadow and Bad Karma, advancing to the undisputed masters of the server in siege fighting by brutally leveling keep after keep. And with new recruits and the Raid leadership of Beem (and a host of helpful others) we are currently advancing further into T2 raiding than ever before.

Recent guilds coming aboard like Rated M (whose help- thanks to 'Reckless'- was key in regaining our full raiding complement,) Anvil of Crom and several others has assisted us in the process of becoming the leading guild on Bluesteel. With server mergers looming by Christmas, the Raiders are furiously constructing a magnificent T3 city which will allow our professions to max out... an arduously-gained, yet extremely important goal.

The future will test us in various ways, as we face the unknown power of guilds from other servers. But as I look back at the friends I've made, and the good times past, present and future, I can say I'm proud to work and play with the best group of people I've ever known in this, or any MMO!

Last edited by Musk on Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:57 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : polish)
Back to top Go down
Lewolf

Lewolf

PostSubject: Re: History of The King's Raiders: An AoC Bluesteel guild   History of The King's Raiders: An AoC Bluesteel guild Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 7:21 pm

The Kings Raiders definately deserves its very own History page all by itself.

I remember when in the beggening when I had just left a small clan and apparently got noticed after helping some lower levels by a Kings raider member who sent me a membership invite.

I was torn between going it alone of giving another clan a try, for some reason I accepted it and never regretted it since.

From the start there have been only good people to work with and plenty of gung-ho Conan fans (much like myself).

But then I had to sell my computer and say a temporary goodby, but before I left I already knew that the Kings Raiders was going to be #1.

You could especially see this on the official AOC forums, I still remember all the smack talk from other guilds (ahem- Rated M Smile who cast doubt on our achievments. But one by one they all fell and our dedication and leadership took us to the top.

I can see the Kings Raiders now with one of the limited ed. monuments that will only be given out to the top 3 clans.
Back to top Go down
trinket

PostSubject: Re: History of The King's Raiders: An AoC Bluesteel guild   History of The King's Raiders: An AoC Bluesteel guild Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 12:20 pm

Need to add the mini-episodes/stories:
-Dread Traitor Shinora
-Downfall of Bad Karma
-Betrayal of Whichyone
-Demise of the Gankers: EoA
-Transcendence: Rise and Fall
-After Effect: Start to Finish
-Axis and Allies: Early KR Alliances
-Rated-M: Foe to Friend

and for season2:
-The Milita
-T3 City
-T2 Farm
-Server Merge
... and who knows what else this is just what i can think of off the top of my head.
Back to top Go down
Alex de Large

PostSubject: Re: History of The King's Raiders: An AoC Bluesteel guild   History of The King's Raiders: An AoC Bluesteel guild Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 11:50 pm

Hey i made the History!!!

"(A host of helpful others)"

yay me Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: History of The King's Raiders: An AoC Bluesteel guild   History of The King's Raiders: An AoC Bluesteel guild Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

History of The King's Raiders: An AoC Bluesteel guild
Page 1 of 1