The King's Raiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The King's Raiders

The King's Raiders website/forum... an Age of Conan guild

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fair system to get gear

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
HarryLongrod

HarryLongrod

Fair system to get gear Empty
PostSubject: Fair system to get gear   Fair system to get gear Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 6:10 pm

You have dibs list. Each class signs up on the list for raids. The list is assembled with a high to low order. When you on top of your list you get dibs on the item drop. If you pass on an item, it gets rolled like normal with whoever is present and you stay on top of the list. If you take the item you then drop to the bottom of the list and the next person steps up. New people to the raiding list automatically start on the bottom. If the top of the list is not present during a raid, that individual gets temporarily bypassed and the the next person on the list gets dibs. When they return the remainder of the list may have changed but they remain on top until they decide to take an item.
The initial order of the list can be determined by a group of us rolling for a useless item. Your roll number will determine where you are on the first list. Also new people joining at the same time would use this random roll to dtermine thier order on the bottom of the list for fairness.

Let me know what you guys think
HarryLongrod
Back to top Go down
Hooter

PostSubject: Re: Fair system to get gear   Fair system to get gear Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 10:02 pm

I think its a good idea on paper, but in practice it would just be too hectic. For example who maintains the list and what happens when a raid item drops and they're not on? What happens if someone needs an item but doesn't have dibs on it and no one else needs it? I think its more fair then our current system, but just wouldn't run as well.
Back to top Go down
Gollum

PostSubject: Re: Fair system to get gear   Fair system to get gear Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 7:00 am

I agree that the concept is good, but the logistics of executing this plan would be a nightmare. Raids can already take long enough to plan once everyone is assembled... add in this whole process and raids will take twice as long!
Back to top Go down
HarryLongrod

HarryLongrod

PostSubject: Re: Fair system to get gear   Fair system to get gear Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 7:26 pm

Hooter wrote:
I think its a good idea on paper, but in practice it would just be too hectic. For example who maintains the list and what happens when a raid item drops and they're not on? What happens if someone needs an item but doesn't have dibs on it and no one else needs it? I think its more fair then our current system, but just wouldn't run as well.

One designated person edits the list. No one can need if their not in the dibs position--thats the point of the list. That is of course unless the person with dibs doesn't show up. Then it goes to the next pereson on the list. The person that missed remains on top when they come back, but the bottom of the list would have changed.
Back to top Go down
HarryLongrod

HarryLongrod

PostSubject: Re: Fair system to get gear   Fair system to get gear Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 7:29 pm

Gollum wrote:
I agree that the concept is good, but the logistics of executing this plan would be a nightmare. Raids can already take long enough to plan once everyone is assembled... add in this whole process and raids will take twice as long!

If you start the list believe me everyone will know they're position. I think one person could update the list but everyone is pretty much going to know who's in what posistion. I don't think it would be that much of a disaster.
Back to top Go down
Dhargo

PostSubject: Re: Fair system to get gear   Fair system to get gear Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 1:03 pm

What does this accomplish?

Are we having a problem with people showing up infrequently and getting gear, you would think that attempts to roll would be advantage enough. That is to say if you have done Vistrix 5 weeks in a row, you a 5 times the chance of getting gear over a guy who only did Vistrix once of you same class assuming all other criteria has been met.

I can see perhaps keeping a waiting list for Vistrix if we continue to have more people that want to Raid than spots available and if gear drops and no one has need for allowing a guildie come in a grab in the expectation that they would reciprocate the favor.

There's my $0.02

My opinion aside I will abide by the guilds decision.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fair system to get gear   Fair system to get gear Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fair system to get gear
Page 1 of 1